Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Alone

Laying in my bed over the last year, I often felt alone and isolated, even separated from God. With my paralysis and the limited use of my arms and hands, I couldn’t hold a book and soon found myself watching TV and sleeping all day. Friends called and some visited. Many sent lovely cards with words of encouragement. (I still look forward to mail call).

Then in the early days of spring when I still couldn’t get out and I was desperate for fellowship I received the best gift ever, a laptop computer. My husband, Earl, set it up on a tilt table and with my head raised I typed using a rubber-tipped stick in a splint on my right hand.

The joy of writing in my journal again excited me. However, the first thing I did was open my email. A long time subscriber to the Upper Room online for my daily devotions I began reading them again, and God was right there waiting for me.

He continues to meet me via email every morning. I often read a devotion and find that I know the author. Have you considered receiving the Upper Room online? Do you know someone who would benefit from it? http://upperroom.org/devotional/email/

Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you (Hebrews 13:5b NIV).

In Christ Alone,
Berta

1 comment:

  1. Very good post, Berta! I feel sort of alone since the move, but God still finds ways to encourage me.(When I click on the "Links to this post" section, nothing happens. Maybe I misunderstood the instructions.)

    ReplyDelete