Wednesday, October 16, 2013

You Are Worthy


One thing holding you captive right now is your belief that you are not worthy of God’s forgiveness and therefore your inability to forgive yourself.

I felt guilty and unlovable when I met Jesus. That guilt held me back. When Christian friends shared their stories of sin and redemption with me the Holy Spirit began to minister to my brokenness. He set my feet on the path to righteousness.

My struggle continued though—with a fear of man. What would my Sunday school class think if they knew about my past? Can I tell the truth and still be a part of the church?

The truth is that what man thinks is of no consequence to my life—or yours. The only fear we are to harbor is for God. To do what is right before Him. To love and have faith that He will carry us through the trials and tribulations of this life. His Son died that we may live and live life to the fullest.

What is holding you back? A piercing? A tattoo? A withered arm? Are you a single parent? Divorced?

Whatever it is, it isn’t too big for God. Nothing is. Your guilt and fear can be lifted.

Don’t fear God’s judgement for your sin. Confess and accept God’s forgiveness.

O For A Thousand Tongues to Sing
Charles Wesley

“He breaks the power of cancelled sin,
He sets the prisoner free:
His blood can make the foulest clean:
His blood availed for me.”

“He speaks – and listening to his voice,
New life the dead receive;
The mournful, broken hearts rejoice;
The humble poor believe.”

“Blessed are those whose transgressions are forgiven, whose sins are covered. Blessed is the one whose sin the Lord will never count against them.” (Romans 4:7, 8 NIV).

“Therefore, my brothers and sisters, I want you to know that through Jesus the forgiveness of sins is proclaimed to you" (Acts 13:38 NIV).

In Christian Love,
Berta


If this devotion blessed you, would you consider sharing it with your friends?
http://snapshots-bertad.blogspot.com

2 comments:

  1. Marjorie, My sincere apology for not responding to you in a timely manner. You are welcome. In Christ, Berta

    ReplyDelete