Monday, April 21, 2014

Adopted on Easter


Our local church talks a lot about adoption. We have added so many children recently I have trouble keeping up with their names. They bless us with their love, joy, and faith.

We have celebrated Easter with loud “Hosannas.” We’ve listened to Jesus’ forgive his murderers. We have shouted, “He is risen!” and “Christ is risen indeed!”

Before I understood the need for Jesus’ death, I knew adoption. My husband adopted our daughter. My father-in-law accepted me as a daughter. We became part of a family full of love. 

Adopted.

Jesus was beaten for our transgressions. He was crucified for our sins. He rose to conquer sin and death in this dark world. And he did it all because he loves us (John 3:16).

The life, death, and resurrection of Jesus Christ offer eternal life and adoption into his royal family. When we accept his great love, mercy, grace, and forgiveness we become children of God.

Adopted. Sonship – full members in the family of God.

Unlike me, God is able to name each of his adopted children. He has their names written in the palm of his hand (Isaiah 49:16). He has inscribed our names in The Lambs Book of Life.

Jesus is my Brother. My Savior. My Friend.

God is my Daddy. My Father. My King.

“The Spirit you received brought about your adoption to sonship. And by him we cry, ‘Abba Father’” (Romans 8:15 NIV).

In Christ,
Berta

If this devotion blessed you, please share it with your friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment