Sunday, June 8, 2014

Consider My Man Job


Job Sacrificing for His Childrenm
One Sunday after the morning service, I timidly shared the first copy of “My Story” with the choir leader at East Dyersburg UMC. One page, double-spaced, two hundred and fifty words about my wreck. I had butterflies in my stomach. 


What will he think of me after he reads “My Story?”

When I saw him at the evening service he said, “Consider my man Job.”

I pulled out my Bible and read this conversation:
“One day the angels came to present themselves before the Lord, and Satan also came with them. The Lord said to Satan, ‘Where have you come from?’
Satan answered the Lord, ‘From roaming throughout the earth, going back and forth on it.’
Then the Lord said to Satan, ‘Have you considered my servant Job? There is no one on earth like him; he is blameless and upright, a man who fears God and shuns evil’” (Job 1:6-8 NIV).

I panicked. “Who am I to be compared to Job?” My faith ebbed and flowed like ocean waves. Moment by moment my thoughts and memories tore me from God. I felt defeated.

I started reading about spiritual warfare and I learned God had provided a once for all time sacrifice in Jesus’ life, death and resurrection. When I accepted Him as my Lord and Savior, I became family—bought with a price I could not pay.

Today I know Satan attempts to frighten me out of God’s Kingdom but all I need to do is claim the blood of Jesus, and bind and cast out the evil one.

Keep your focus on the cross and rejoice in the salvation of those set free.

“The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full” (John 10:10 NIV).

In Christ,
Berta
How do you feel about spiritual warfare?
Comment on my blog and let’s talk about it.
http://snapshots-bertad.blogspot.com



Picture used with permission from http://www.theglorystory.com

No comments:

Post a Comment