Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Nothing Before




When my nephew, Michael, was four years old, he asked his mother if he could call me. When we got on the telephone, he began to ask questions:



“Aunt Berta, was I a baby when you had the wreck, because I don’t remember it?”
“No, It happened before you were born, Michael,” I reply.

“Aunt Berta, do your hands work?”
 “No, baby.”

“Well, your one hand works.”
“No, my hands don’t work, Michael.”

“Aunt Berta, can I drive your chair?”
“No baby.”

“Can I ride in your van when we come there?”
“Yes, you can.”

“Aunt Berta, will you ride in our car when God heals you?”
“Yes, Michael.”

As I tried to explain to Michael that my accident happened before he was born, he couldn’t understand. You see to him everything started when he was born and there was nothing before.

It’s that way with God. When you repent of your sins, die to self and give your life to Christ you are “born again” and God only sees your new self. 

Nothing before.

“He has not dealt with us according to our sins, Nor punished us according to our iniquities. For as the heavens are high above the earth, So great is His mercy toward those who fear Him; As far as the east is from the west, So far has He removed our transgressions from us” (Psalm 103:10-12).

In Christ,
Berta
Contact me HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment