Sunday, August 3, 2014

A Plan I Didn’t Want



Many people have told me, “I don’t think I could ever live like you.” What they mean is live paralyzed, in a wheelchair.

I’d heard it said, “God loves you and has a wonderful plan for your life.” 


As I began my spiritual journey, I had no thought that God’s plan for me would include a wheelchair.

I had eight awesome months of spiritual growth between my acceptance of Jesus and the automobile accident that injured my spinal cord. My life was full. I was happy. Not every day was great, but every day was good – because I loved Jesus.

After my injury, I recovered.

I recovered physically through surgery and rehabilitation. I recovered after years of depression that delayed my spiritual recovery because God loved me in my self-hatred and questions of why. I recovered spiritually because God had a unique and special purpose for me.

I began to share Jesus in small steps seven years after my injury. I testified by handing out a piece of paper with two-hundred and fifty words printed on it. I only taught Sunday school once a month for fear I would teach something wrong.

My first try at leading a Bible study failed. My first prayer group went from eleven women and Jesus to me and Jesus in just five weeks. My amplified voice could barely be heard at my first conference.

God has a plan for me and He has one for you. Thankfully, most people won’t have to live paralyzed – but some will. For those who do, and for all, I pray they know the joy and the love of their Lord and savior, Jesus.

“For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future” (Jeremiah 29:11 NIV).

God has a wonderful plan for your life.

In Christ,
Berta

Friends, Remember to share with your friends. People are being blessed around the world for God. I am so thankful to be a broken vessel in the hands of a loving God. May He bless you as well.

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE THE SCRIPTURE ( JEREMIAH 29:11)HE HAS VERY GOOD PLANS FOR ALL OF US... THEY ARE GOOD PLANS TO GIVE ALL OF US HOPE AND A FUTURE... I AM SO BLESSED THAT HE BROUGHT YOUR DEVOTIONS AND YOU INTO MY LIFE... "MAY GOD BLESS YOU ALWAYS' AND THANK YOU......

    ReplyDelete
  2. SOMETIMES i DO HAVE TROUBLE ON HOW I COME ACROSS WITH WORDS SO I ALWAYS TRY TO REMEMBER (MATTHEW 12:37)THIS IS NOT INTENDED FOR ANYONE PERSONALLY I JUST WANTED TO COMMENT ON THIS...YOUR WORDS NOW REFLECT YOUR FATE THEN;EITHER YOU WILL BE JUSTIFIED BY THEM OR YOU WILL BE CONDEMNED.SOMETIMES WORDS DO COME OUT DIFFERENT THAN I MEAN THEM TO... "MAY GOD BE WITH ALL'....

    ReplyDelete